The Best Low Carb Pizza Crust
Prep Time30 minsCook Time15 minsRising Time40 minsTotal Time1 hr 25 minsCourse: Main CourseKeyword: pizza Servings: 8 slices Calories: 207kcal
- 3/4 cup warm water OR 1/2 cup warm water IF using xanthan gum / psyllium husks
- 1 1/2 tsp dry active yeast I used quick-rise yeast
- 1 tsp white sugar THIS WILL BE EATEN BY THE YEAST, IT IS NECESSARY, it will not affect the final product
- 1/4 cup 14% sour cream 60g
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour almond flour, 168g
- 1/2 cup Vital Wheat Gluten 64g OR 1 tbsp xanthan gum & 1/4 cup ground psyllium husks
- 1/4 cup coconut flour 30g
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp Italian spices optional
- In a large bowl, add your warm water, yeast and sugar. Let sit for about 5min.
- While waiting, combine all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl (whisk with a fork), set aside.
- In another small bowl, microwave your sour cream for roughly 20-25s (just until slightly warm).
- Once your yeast has foamed(make sure it is not old!), add your olive oil and sour cream and stir together.
- Next stir in your flour until a dough begins to form.
- Use your hands to knead the dough for roughly 3-4min.
- Form the dough into a neat ball and place in a greased bowl. Cover with saran wrap and place somewhere warm for 40min (I usually heat my oven to a low-temp for a while before-hand then shut it off and leave the dough in there either with the door open or closed depending on how hot it is).
- After 40min, pre-heat your oven to 450*F(Or 400*F for thicker dough).
- Remove the dough from the bowl(it should now be about 1.5x its original size or larger(less if using the xanthan gum/psyllium version)).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment OR greased with oil, roll out into desired shape and thickness(I would have done mine just a little thinner if I had the option to do it over!)
- Brush with olive oil(optional) and either..top with whatever your heart desires then bake for about 10-12min or until lightly browned for a THIN CRUST. OR for a thicker crust, bake at a lower temp(350-400*F) until partially cooked, then add your topping and place back in the oven at 450*F to finish cooking! Enjoy the best low-carb pizza crust!
- I topped mine with low-carb barbecue sauce(this one), barbecue chicken breast chunks, basil, oregano, garlic powder, grated parmesan cheese and mozzarella.
Nutrition per 1/8th of pizza(Xanthan Gum/Psyllium Version): 16g of fat | 3.3g NET carbs | 5.4g protein | 7.7g fibre
Canadian Ingredient Links For Products Used In This Recipe (The links in the recipe itself are for those in the US)
Serving: 1slice | Fiber: 3.5g | Calories: 207kcal | Fat: 16.5g | Protein: 11g | Carbohydrates: 3.5g